- January 2 - Simultaneous filing lottery for ballot placement in the April election. Vicki Knight will appear first on the ballot. Mina Green will appear second.
- January 3 - Objections filed against three Petitions of Candidacy filed for Library Trustee. Peter Hurtado objects to petitions for David Schmidt, Alice Adeszko and Lauren Ledvina.
- January 7-11 - Library closed to the public while HVAC rooftop units are replaced. During the closing, staff training is done at the Naperville 95th Street Library. Also, light bulbs are replaced throughout the Library.
- January 13 - Winter Reading Program registration begins. 320 people register for Winter Reading on the first day of the program.
- January 15 - Objections are upheld. Three candidates are off the April 2013 ballot for Library Trustee. Six candidates remain on the ballot: Vicki Knight, Mina Green, Patricia Miller, Carl F. Gilmore, Gretchen Fritz and Samantha Hurtado.
- January 15 - Library Foundation Board moves forward on accepting credit card payments through their web site
- January 23 - Information due for the Spring 2013 newsletter. Amazing how early things must be planned in advance in order to get this newsletter out on time.
- January 28 - Marketing Committee meets to review the new Library Marketing Plan.
- January 30 - Finance Committee meets for the Board's mid-year review of the Working Budget.
- February 1 - Pinnacle Library Cooperative Governing Board begins interviewing candidates for our first employee, a System Administrator.
- February 4 - Winter Reading Program registration tops 1,000!
- February 5 - Library administrators meet with their health insurance broker to discuss renewal of the current plan and the implications of the upcoming changes to healthcare coverage nationwide.
- February 6 - Pinnacle Library Cooperative Governing Board finishes the first round of interviews for System Administrator.
- February 12 - Library Foundation Board holds its annual meeting and hires firm to update its web site and integrate payments gateway for direct donations.
- February 13 - Air balancing of updated HVAC system begins.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
I am pleased to say that 2013 is off to a good start. So good that I've been too busy to remember to post all of the things I should have! I will start with a recap of the first 6 weeks of the year and all that has occurred here at the library: